Surgical Basics Hot & Cold Pack With Cover 17cm x 29cm
or 4 payments of $3.75 with Info
Ideal for use on many parts of the body, including the back and joints.
Cold therapy is a really useful way of reducing swelling and inflammation. This can be for treating sports injuries or arthritis related inflammation (itis) of the joint (arthr). Some of the types of arthritis which are associated with inflammation include, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, tendonitis , bursitis and polymyalgia rheumatica. Also may help cool a fever.
As a hot and warming pack it contains a state of the art gel which provides soothing even warmth for extended periods of time. Used to treat sprains, strains, contusions, back pain and menstrual cramps. Economical and easy to use, it can be used over and over again.
- TO USE HOT:
- Hot Water Method:
- Bring enough water to a rolling boil and remove from heat.
- Immerse pack in water for 7 minutes approx. (or 10 minutes if taken from the freezer).
- Remove pack from water and insert into terry cover provided.
- Then apply to affected area.
- Microwave Method:
- Be cautious. Microwaves vary in power, and you will need to find the correct heating time.
- Before you begin, flatten the pack to ensure the gel is evenly distributed.
- If the pack is at room temperature, heat on high for 50 seconds and let stand for 50 seconds. If more heat is required, try a further 10 seconds at a time, with equal standing time, until correct temperature is reached.
- If frozen, heat on high for 75 seconds and let stand for 75 seconds. If more heat is required, try a further 10 seconds at a time, with equal standing time, until correct temperature is reached. Remove pack from microwave and insert into the terry cloth provided. Apply to affected area.
- TO USE COLD:
- At least 2 hours is required to cool the pack. Consequently, store in freezer so it is always ready to use.
- To use, remove from freezer and insert in terry cover provided.
- Remove terry cloth before cooling or heating
- Do not use directly on skin without terry cloth
- Do not overheat the pack in the microwave beyond the recommended time. This may cause leakage of contents
- If contents are exposed to skin or eyes, flush with water immediately. Gel is non toxic.
- To be used under adult supervision