Scarmed Silicon Gel 15g
SCARmed is a rapidly drying, advanced Silicone gel formulation used for:
- Treatment of Scars both Old and New
- Softening and Flattening of raised scars
- Prevention and treatment of hypertrophic and keloid scars
- Relieve the itching, pain and discomfort of scars
The use of Topical Silicone Gel has been clinically proven to lighten, soften and flatten scars. Silicone gel is also widely recommended by dermatologists and plastic surgeons as a first line of treatment for many types of scars.
The benefits of SCARmed Silicone Gel:
- Rapidly drying, non-sticky formula
- Convenient and easy to use.
- Suitable for most parts of the skin including face and joints.
- Transparent, odourless and does not contain any fragrances or parabens.
- Allows cosmetics and sunscreen to be applied immediately after it has dried.
- Suitable for children and patients with larger scars such as burns or skin grafts.
- Suitable for use on infants, during pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding.
How to use:
SCARmed gel is very simple to apply.
- Ensure that the scar is clean and dry.
- Apply a very thin coat of SCARmed gel to the scar and rub it over the scar gently.
- Allow to dry over scar for 4-5 minutes. If the gel has not dried, remove the excess product.
- Apply SCARmed twice daily – in the morning and evening.
- Once dry, SCARmed can be covered by cosmetics or sunscreen.
How long to use:
SCARmed gel is recommended as a minimum treatment of 60-90 days. Larger and older scars may take longer to achieve the best possible results. Continued use of SCARmed is recommended until no further improvement is seen.
SCARmed should only be applied to clean, dry skin.
SCARmed should not be applied to open or fresh wounds, placed in contact with mucous membranes or in the eyes.
For external use only. Keep out of reach of children.
SCARmed should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments.