Nu-Lax fruit Laxative Block is a combination of 3 active medicinal ingredients: standardised senna leaf extract, figs and dates. Senna is a traditional laxative plant used to assist in the treatment of constipation. It brings gentle overnight relief stimulating bowel evacuation.
Figs and dates provide a good dose of natural fibre for a sluggish digestive system or a diet with an inadequate fibre intake. This product also contains apricots, peaches, pears and flaxmeal for a more pleasant taste.
Contains sucrose and glucose.
Each 10g of the product contains:
- Senna alexandrina extract equivalent to dry leaf – 1g
- Standardised to hydroxyanthracene glycosides
- Calculated as sennoside B 20mg
- Ficus carica (Fig) dry – 2.16g
- Phoenix dactylifera (Date) dry – 2.16g
- Adults: 10g once daily before bed
- Children over 12 years: 5g daily before bed
When taking laxatives, drink plenty of water and increase fibre in diet. If symptoms persist, seek medical advice. Do not take laxatives when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present or if you develop diarrhoea. Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems.
If you are pregnant or breast feeding seek medical advice before taking laxatives.