Nicorette Gum Classic Extra Strength 4mg 30 Pack
Nicorette is a quit smoking aid. Nicorette gum works by relieving nicotine cravings and withdrawal symptoms. It may be used to: 1. Stop smoking abruptly, or 2. Cut down smoking before stopping.
Nicorette Combination Therapy: If you have relapsed with single nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) or if you have cravings with single use NRT, you can use Nicorette 2 mg Gum, in addition to Nicorette Patch for better craving relief. This may increase your likelihood of quitting.
Who can use:
Adults 18+ who smoke 20 or more cigarettes per day.
How many pieces of gum do I use?
1. Stopping Immediately: During weeks 1-12: 1 piece when you have an urge to smoke or every 1-2 hours. Do not use more than 10 pieces/day. After 12 weeks: Gradually reduce to 1-2 pieces a day and then stop use.
2. Cutting down: Gradually increase gum use (maximum 10 pieces/day) and reduce smoking with the aim of stopping by 6 months. If you have not cut down in 6 weeks or quit smoking after 9 months, see your doctor/pharmacist.
How do I use Nicorette Gum (Chew-Park-Chew)?
1. Chew gum slowly until taste is strong or you feel a slight tingling sensation.
2. Rest gum between cheek and gums.
3. Chew again when taste has faded. Repeat until there is no more tingling.
Do not use if you are:
- allergic to nicotine
- under 12 years of age
Do not use unless a doctor has told you to if you have:
- had a stroke, or heart or circulation problems.
Ask your doctor/pharmacist before use if you have:
- uncontrolled high blood pressure
- a stomach ulcer
- kidney or liver disease
- to take insulin for diabetes
- an overactive thyroid
- adrenal gland cancer.
Contains: Each gum contains Nicotine 4mg. Sorbitol (0.18g per piece of gum)
Use in adolescents under professional supervision only.
Read pack insert before use.
Keep out of reach of children. Foil sealed for your protection.
Products containing sorbitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
Does not contain lactose, sucrose, saccharin, aspartame or gluten.