Isowhey Clinical Nutrition Advanced 55+ Vanilla 400g
IsoWhey Advanced 55+ delivers a nutritional snack to maximise daily nutrition to support healthy ageing, when used in conjunction with a balanced diet.
IsoWhey Advanced 55+ contains a range of beneficial ingredients to support an active lifestyle.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Nutritional snack containing 23 vitamins and minerals.
- High in premium whey protein, containing 19.4g per serve, for muscle maintenance.
- High in fibre with 6g per serve.
- Provides 1.26kCal per mL.
- Contains digestive enzymes for healthy digestion.
- Good source of calcium, magnesium and vitamin D plus mineral cofactors to support bone integrity.
- Contains antioxidant vitamins A, C and E.
- Provides nutrients needed for normal immune function.
- Convenient and effective way to increase protein, energy and nutrition intake.
- In a container that is easily handled and opened.
- Gluten-free and less than 1g of lactose per serve.
- No artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.
- Does not contain vitamin K, which interferes with anticoagulant therapy, e.g. warfarin.
- Available in vanilla and chocolate flavours.
- MUSCULOSKELETAL SYSTEM
- Undernutrition, also known as protein energy undernutrition, is common among older Australians, with an estimated 10-44% at risk. Weight-loss in older adults is associated with loss of muscle mass with a risk of adverse outcomes.
- Protein requirements for older people are actually approximately 25% higher than for younger adults. The recommended dietary intake for people aged ≥70 years is approximately 1g protein per kg body weight.
- Whey protein is rich in the branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) – L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine – which are essential for supporting healthy muscles.
- Ageing is typically associated with a loss of bone and declined total body calcium and vitamin D. Calcium, together with vitamin D, prevents negative calcium balance and reduces the rate of bone loss. A diet rich in calcium and vitamin D reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- Clinical trials with daily supplements of these nutrients demonstrate a significant reduction in the rate of age-related bone loss and the incidence of fractures, especially of the hip. In addition to calcium, other minerals including copper, magnesium, manganese and zinc appear to contribute to maintenance of bone density with age.
- IMMUNE SYSTEM
- While ageing on its own may contribute to dysregulation of the immune system, undernutrition seems to be one of the main factors leading to poor immune responses. Protein-energy undernutrition is associated with decreased lymphocyte proliferation, reduced cytokine release and lower antibody response.
- Micronutrient deficiencies reported in older people, such as zinc, selenium, iron, copper, vitamins A, C, E and B6 and folate, have important influences on immune functions.
- DIGESTIVE SYSTEM
- IsoWhey Advanced contains Litesse® - a soluble non-viscous fibre that is well tolerated, less likely to cause the rapid gas production and subsequent gastric discomfort associated with the consumption of certain fibres, and, as a fibre, contributes to a balanced gastrointestinal tract.
- BRAIN & EYE HEALTH
- Iodine and iron contribute to normal cognitive function. Vitamin A and riboflavin contribute to the maintenance of normal vision.
Mix 4 heaped tablespoons with 200mL of milk or milk substitute and stir thoroughly to combine.
Whey protein concentrate, Litesse® (polydextrose), maltodextrin, vanilla & cream flavour, lecithin powder, xanthan gum, whey protein isolate, calcium carbonate, medium chain triglycerides, magnesium oxide (heavy), potassium citrate, glutamine, lutein, enzyme mix, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), ferrous fumerate (iron), Lactobacillus acidophilus, Stevia rubudina powder, chromium picolinate, zinc oxide, d-alpha tocopherol succinate (vitamin E), nicotinamide (vitamin B3), potassium iodide (iodine), manganese sulfate monohydrate, vitamin A, biotin, cupric sulfate pentahydrate (copper), Bifidobacterium lactis, colecalciferol (vitamin D3), folic acid, selenomethionine (selenium), riboflavin (vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), calcium d-pantothenate (vitamin B5), thiamine hydrochloride (vitamin B1), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).
^Based on average amounts.
*RE= retinol equivalents.
*Based on average amounts.
*Contains no artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners.