The gastrointestinal system is prone to a variety of disorders in both adults and children. Dyspepsia, dysmotility, cramps, bloating, heartburn and nausea can strike anyone. Iberogast is a natural remedy that can help quickly and safely relieve these common digestive problems.
Pharmacy Direct offers special discounts on a wide selection of health products, including Iberogast. Check out our range of gut health supplements at the best prices with flexible delivery options across Australia. Free shipping is available with orders over $99.
What is Iberogast?
Iberogast combines nine natural herb extracts for powerful multi-purpose action:
- Iberian bitter (Iberis Amara) extract helps tone the digestive tract's smooth muscles.
- Angelica root stimulates digestion and gastric juice production and has an antispasmodic effect on the stomach and intestines.
- Chamomile flower extract has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antispasmodic and healing effects.
- The cumin fruit extract has antibacterial and antispasmodic properties and facilitates the digestion of flatulence-inducing foods.
- Milk thistle fruit extract has a cytoprotective effect on the stomach and liver and can stimulate the regeneration of liver cells.
- Lemon balm and peppermint leaves have calming, carminative, choleretic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
- Celandine grass has an antispasmodic effect on the biliary tract and gut while promoting gastric motility.
- Liquorice root has an antispasmodic effect and can speed up ulcer healing.
Through the synergistic action of these potent herbal ingredients, Iberogast can help effectively relieve common digestion-related symptoms.
Iberogast for digestion disorders treatment
The active ingredients in Iberogast help promote the regulation and normalisation of gastrointestinal motility while acting as an inflammatory, antioxidant, laxative, antibacterial and cytoprotective agent.
This natural formulation can effectively relieve most digestive-related symptoms, including:
- Pain and cramps in the abdomen;
- Stomach heaviness;
- Excessive gas;
Iberogast can also be part of the complex therapy of gastritis, peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum. Due to the selective action on the stomach muscles, it has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect while restoring the optimal functioning of all gut parts: it helps to reduce spasms without altering normal peristalsis and can stimulate motility in the case of reduced tone.
Side effects of Iberogast intake
At recommended doses, Iberogast usually does not cause side effects and does not affect concentration levels. However, it is not recommended for children under age 3. Pregnant and lactating women can take this remedy only under medical supervision.
In rare cases, Iberogast may cause allergic reactions, such as skin rashes, itching, shortness of breath or angioedema. Consult your physician if you experience any adverse effects.
Get the best health products from a trusted supplier, Pharmacy Direct
Pharmacy Direct is Australia’s first online pharmacy. Since 1996, we have been providing Australians with the best medication and health products from top brands. Browse our range of over 17,000 products, including vitamins, supplements, cosmetics, fragrances, general health, baby, personal care and household items - all at affordable prices.
We also aim to meet your health needs in the most convenient way. When shopping with us, you can expect top-notch customer service, various payment options and fast delivery across the country. In addition, you can speak with one of our pharmacists, who will answer all your questions and help you choose the right product for you.
Sign up to our email newsletter to learn more about our special offers, sales and new arrivals.