Handihaler Inhalation Device
or 4 payments of $1.65 with Info
SPIRIVA is the only once-a-day inhaled prescription maintenance medication for COPD that helps keep airways open for a full 24 hours and reduces the likelihood of COPD flare-ups. Once-daily SPIRIVA is easy to fit into your schedule. It's steroid free.
How to take an Inhaled Treatment:
- Hold the HandiHaler® with the mouthpiece up. Press the green button on the side of the HandiHaler® once firmly. This will pierce the capsule, so you can inhale the medication when you breathe in. (See photo)
- Hold the HandiHaler® away from your mouth and gently breathe out. Do not blow into the HandiHaler®.
- Seal your lips around the mouthpiece.
- Inhale slowly and deeply but a rate sufficient to hear the capsule vibrate. Continue to take a full, deep breath.
- Resume normal breathing.
- You can repeat steps 2 to 5 again to make sure you inhale the medication.
- Open the mouthpiece and throw away the used capsule.
- Do not touch the capsule once it has been pierced.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your healthcare professional.