Clinically proven extract for the relief of symptoms of acute bronchitis^ and acute sinusitis~.
Blackmores Kaloba® is a registered, plant-based medicine for acute bronchitis.
- Helps reduce recovery time and symptoms of acute bronchitis
- AUST-R complementary medicine
- Children’s doses* for acute bronchitis
- Well-tolerated and suitable for family members over 2 years old with acute bronchitis*
- Convenient drop dosage
*Children under the age of 6 years should only be treated with Kaloba® after previous consultation with a doctor.
^ Matthys H et al.Curr Med res Opin 2007;23:323-31.Research supported by ISO-Arzneimittel,Ettlingen,Germany
~Bachert C et al. Rhinology 2009; 47:51-8; Research supported by Dr Willmar Schwabe Pharmaceuticals Germany
The Blackmores difference
Blackmores Kaloba® is an AUST-R, clinically proven^ extract of Pelargonium sidoides.
Kaloba® has been extensively studied. Studies done on patients with acute bronchitis and acute sinusitis have shown that Kaloba® helps to reduce the severity of symptoms and reduce recovery times.
Not only has Kaloba® been clinically proven to help provide relief of acute bronchitis symptoms after 7 days (45% of the patients taking Kaloba® experienced recovery after 7 days compared to 6.4% taking a placebo), it can help speed up recovery too (1-4).
1. Matthys H et al.Planta Medica 2008;74:686-92. Research supported by ISO-Arzneimittel,Ettlingen,Germany.
2. Chuchalin AG et al.Explore:The Journal of science & Healing 2005;1:437-45.
3. Kamin W et al.Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 2010;48:184-91.Research supported by Dr Willmar Scwabe GmbH & Co KG Pharmaceuticals,Karlsruhe, Germany.
4. Matthys H et al.Curr Med res Opin 2007;23:323-31.Research supported by ISO-Arzneimittel,Ettlingen,Germany.
0% Customers recommend this product
Active ingredients per 1 ml:
Pelargonium sidoides (pelargonium) extract equivalent to dry root 91 mg
- Adults and adolescents over the age of 12 years: Take 30 drops (1.35 ml) 3 times a day
- Children aged between 6-12 years: Take-20 drops (0.9 ml) 3 times a day
- Children aged between 2-5 years: Give 10 drops (0.45 ml) 3 times a day
Acute sinusitis: Adults take 60 drops (2.7 ml) 3 times a day
- Always read the label
- Follow the directions for use
- If symptoms persist, change or worsen talk to your health professional
- Kaloba® should not be used in children under 2 years of age
- Children under the age of 6 years should only be treated with Kaloba® after previous consultation with your doctor
- Use during pregnancy or breast feeding is not recommended without first consulting with your doctor or pharmacist
- Contains alcohol
- Treatment duration should not exceed 1 week for acute bronchitis and 3 weeks for acute sinusitis
- Consult your doctor immediately if the condition does not improve within one week, if you have fever that lasts for several days or in the case of shortness of breath or if you cough up bloody sputum
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use