A convenient 500 microgram, one-a-day dose of folic acid for pregnancy and pre-conception.
Blackmores Folate is a source of folic acid.
It helps to prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida and anencephaly.
- Helps to prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida and/or anencephaly if taken daily for one month prior to conception and during the first trimester of pregnancy
- Supports folic acid levels in the body
- Assists healthy red blood cell production
- Supports general health and wellbeing
- Convenient one-a-day dosage
The Blackmores difference:
Blackmores Folate is a convenient dose of folic acid developed for women planning pregnancy who may not get adequate levels of folic acid in their diet.
Blackmores also has other products containing folic acid which may be more suitable depending on your needs.
If you are trying to conceive consider taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold™ formulated for preconception care, it supplies nutrients that are important to support normal conception and pregnancy, including folic acid.
Once pregnant consider changing to Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold. This is a premium, comprehensive formulation which contains vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids beneficial for both mother and baby.
0% Customers recommend this product
Folic acid 500 microgram A water-soluble B group vitamin, folate is involved in the synthesis of DNA and RNA and the activation of vitamin B12 into its active form. Folic acid is found in fresh green leafy vegetables, broccoli, mushrooms, legumes, nuts and fortified cereals.
- Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.
- Always read the label
- Follow the directions for use.
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect you should seek specific medical advice
- Not to be taken with Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, Blackmores I-Folic, or other folic acid containing supplements
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use