Helps to boost your intake of omega- 3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids.
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil + Fish Oil contains omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids, which are important for the structure and function of cell membranes and growth of skin and hair. Halal certified.
Source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
Important to help reduce inflammatory response
Important for structure and function of cell membranes
Important for maintenance of general health and wellbeing
Important for skin and hair growth
The Blackmores difference
Evening primrose oil (EPO) is a source of the omega-6 fatty acids gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linoleic acid (LA). Fish oil is a source of the omega-3 essential fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA ) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
Essential fatty acids are incorporated into every cell membrane in the body, in the form of compounds called phospholipids. Cell membranes play the vital role of regulating what goes into, and what comes out of, each cell. The integrity and fluidity of the cell membrane is determined by the type of phospholipid that is available for the body to use. Cell membranes made up mainly of phospholipids derived from the essential polyunsaturated fatty acids are more fluid and function better than cell membranes made up of saturated fat or trans fatty acids. A cell membrane working at optimal levels retains vital nutrients and electrolytes.
Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and substances made from them are components of nerve cells and substances known as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Prostaglandins and leukotrienes are important in inflammatory response. These fatty acids have an anti-inflammatory action because prostaglandins and leukotrienes derived from them have less inflammatory activity than prostaglandins and leukotrienes derived from other types of fatty acids.
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil + Fish Oil is halal certified..
Active Ingredients per capsule:
Evening primrose oil (EPO) providing gamma-linolenic acid (GLA 50 mg) 500 mg, Fish oil(natural) (providing omega-3 marine triglycerides 150 mg) 500 mg
- Adults – Take 1 capsule 1 to 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children 6-12 years – Take 1 capsule 1 to 2 times a day, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children 2-6 years – Take 1 capsule a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal) or as professionally prescribed.
- Always read the label
- Follow the directions for use
- If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate
- Not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding
- If you have any pre-existing conditions, or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use