Aptamil Feed Thickener is a premium specialty thickening agent. It may be mixed with breast milk, standard infant formulas or some specialty infant formulas, to help manage regurgitation issues. In all cases, it should only be used under medical supervision. It can be used safely and effectively to thicken infant feeds but should never be used as a sole source of nutrition.
- This product is not an infant formula, breast milk substitute or complete food
- Failure to follow directions can be harmful for your baby
- Designed for use only under medical supervision
- Not suitable for use with premature infants
- 380g tin format
A premium feed thickener to support infants with regurgitation.Directions
Preparing thickened bottle feeds: Use expressed breast milk, or prepare infant formula as directed. Add to the bottle, 1 Scoop (4g) per 100ml of breast milk or formula. Shake vigorously. A medium-fast flow teat is recommended unless otherwise advised.
Preparing a Gel: Aptamil® Feed Thickener can be mixed with a small amount of cooled boiled water or expressed breast milk and fed as a gel before, during or directly after the breast feed. Alternatively, it can be mixed with expressed breast milk to thicken the feed.
Note for all feed preparations:
- For use under medical supervision
- Only use scoop provided with the can
- Do not prepare gels or thickened feeds in advance as thickness will increase on standing or refrigeration
Discard unfinished feeds and gels immediately
Store in a cool dry place. Use by the date on container bottom. After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks. Some settling of the powder may occur.
Maltodextrin, carob bean gum. May contain traces of milk.